[3830] JIDX CW ZM3WW(ZL3WW) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW ZM3WW(ZL3WW) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:04:59 -0700
                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: ZM3WW
Operator(s): ZL3WW
Station: ZL3WW

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: auckland
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:  297    43
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  297    43  Total Score = 12,771

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

During my recent contest activities on 40m I nominally worked around 300 JA
stations
and with that assumption I decided to participate in this contest thinking
that
having 400 to 500 JA's in the contest log is a realistic goal.
In the ARRL it is normal to work twice the number of NA stations than in
other contests, so I thought that the same rule could be applied here...
First contact was immediately after the sunset at 07:36 and then started the
S&M activity ;-)
I'm calling CQ JIDX, but due to the huge number of NA stations calling me I
can't copy
any JA station so I started to call CQ ONLY CQ ONLY CQ ONLY JIDX...
That way I (hardly) managed to work some JA's. I just don't understand: I am
working
in JA contest and nevertheless NA stations are calling like it's an ARRL (it's
not a
problem to work some of the American stations, but I've learned that lesson
some time ago:
you answer to one station and then there are ten others persistently calling).
That first night has somehow ended with 247 QSOs and 40 zones so I went to
sleep hoping that I'll be able to work at least another 100 q's on the next
day.
The second day opening begun at the same time, but Chinese Dragon started its
merciless transmission covering first 42 KHz, forcing me to work around 042 and
higher.
Same story repeats again with Americans that probably do not understand what
CQ ONLY JIDX means, so I decided to quit the contest as it is really impossible
explain to every single one of them that I am working only in the JIDX
contest.
I've been recording everything so I won't be mentioning callsigns, but it seams
that some
people are used to do whatever they like and whatever they want, no matter
what...
I can't say for sure whether the activity from JA was high or not, because this
was the
first time for me to work in this contest and probably never again.
It's a pity for all the (generator) fuel that I've spent for this contest, but
the next
time will be probably phone @ all bands.
Finally, very poor 297/43 and 12600 points.
Thanks to all who called and see you again in CQ WPX phone with new antennae
design - slightly longer boom positioned slightly higher on the tower.