[3830] GaQP W4DD Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4dd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] GaQP W4DD Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:10:29 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: W4DD
Operator(s): W4DD
Station: W4DD

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: FORS
Operating Time (hrs): 18:26

  160:   13     0
   80:  123     0
   40:  211     0
   20:   86     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
    6:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  433     0  CW Mults = 47  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 40,702

Club:

Comments:

Wow, now that's what I call a QSO party!  At one point the GQP CW activity on
40M was 20KHz wide, stretching from 7033 to 7053.  Thanks to all who made this
a success, especially NE4S.  Activity seemed double of last year, even with 20M
being flat.  With a few sun spots to open 20,15 and 10, this could be even more
fun.

Even at 5 watts and bad QRN Saturday night on 80M, was able to exceed last
years count of 400, although fell short of the 500 target.  Saturday was great
with 300 Q's, but very, very, slow on Sunday until 80M opened.  Tried out shunt
loaded tower on 160 and it worked pretty well with 13 Q's, most QSO's from W8
and W9 land, one Q from VE3.  160M actually seemed quieter than 80 did and the
signals were very strong.  Maybe we can get more folks on 160M next year.

Although I could hear the huge pile-ups calling the rovers, they were very weak
and difficult to hear unless they were local.  Total of 20 DX stations in the
log including EL2DX.

Jeff, W4DD