[3830] MiQP K9TM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9tm@k9tm.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K9TM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 13:50:56 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K9TM
Operator(s): K9TM
Station: K9TM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MONR
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  127    118
   40:  156    293
   20:   47     44
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  330    455  CW Mults = 72  Ph Mults = 95  Total Score = 186,205

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: 1 - 1000MP (100W)
Antennas:
 40m/20m "shorty" G5RV as inverted-V apex @ 25' hung in a tree
 80m broadband dipole as inverted-V apex @ 20' hung just below the G5RV

Old DOS cpu running NA.  Voice-keyer (not cpu controlled). Tuner req for G5RV.

Operation was portable (field day style).  It only took 15 minutes to break
down the entire station and load it into my vehicle after the event.

Found a new source of broadband noise... two neighbors fired up rototillers at
1PM local time.  The noise on the bands went from S2 to 20 over S9 on all three
bands I had (80m,40m,20m).  They didn't quit until nearly 6PM.  The NB in the MP
helped but it really impacted my ability to hear.  I was praying for the rain
that was forecast to hit (I figured you can't till in the rain, right?) but it
never did.

Thanks to all who participated.  A big thanks to those who changed modes for
me.  I had a good time!

73 Tim