[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:28:08 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Apr 25

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   4      3
   40:  22     10
   20:  22     10
-------------------
Total:  48     23  Total Score = 1,104

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

N6RO & W0YK were conspicuously missing from the NS tonight 'cuz they were at
W6NV's big post-ballgame BBQ I was also going to attend.  {SIGH} By the time I
finally got the cat to the vet late afternoon to have her stitches removed from
a cancerous toe amputation, I would have been stuck in computer traffic for
hours in that direction to make the 70+ mile trek to Oliver's.

However, it was kinda fun to be a partially 'rare mult' in the NS tonight :^0

20m sounded dead right before the NS, and then all sorts of signals appeared.
(Note to Howie:  check your coax - not the usual big signal from N4AF on either
20m or 40m tonight, but TNX for surprise 80m QSO !!!).

I put up a low 2el wire 40m inverted vee yagi (apex @ 30ft) which seemed to
yield a couple of extra dB this week on the band I usually get creamed on.
Kelly (VE4XT)- you were loud on 40m tonight!!!

There is still a need to S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T more - on ALL bands.  I almost wore
out my F1 key circa 043 & 044 on both 20m & 40m with many unanswered CQ's, so
found myself heading back down into the pile to try and work anyone I could.

I lost a lot of local Q's on 80m (and 160m) tonight since N6RO & W0YK were not
on, but TNX, Mork (K6UFO), for my only CA mult on 80m.  Also TNX to DanWAH/K7SS
for the QSY to 80m right after our 40m Q.  Heard many in the Midwest & South &
called 'em, but no joy.

Heading off to the big Visalia bash in the morning.  I hope a lot of you great
NS'ers will make the trek out next year - it will be the 60th Anniversary
year.  Put Visalia on your calendar NOW !!!

73 & TNX for all the QSOs tonight...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust