[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 20:44:30 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 2

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   5      3
   40:  12      8
   20:  28     15
-------------------
Total:  45     26  Total Score = 1,170

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

At 0245 with 27 Q's (all 20m) I thought sure I would break 50, but then hit that
proverbial 40m brick wall and it was downhill.

Surprised to see many NS 'Newbies'tonight. K3LR had a MONSTER signal on 20m &
40m here.  WD0T was also loud.  Nice to have the PA and SD mults QRV this week,
and to hear some NS Returnees in the mix.

Missed Kelly/VE4XT and Ted/W4NZ (I still can't figure this out, Ted). Tnx to
W8UE/5 for the unexpected NM mult.

Jim/N3BB was missed, but got an email this morning that he will be in the SF
Bay Area for a few days, so am hoping we can connect for our 3rd eyeball QSO
out here and some 807's at the pub near HRO in Sunnyvale.  We solved all of the
Contesting world problems during our last meeting but forgot to publish the
results :^0

Visalia was a blast.  Next year is the 60th Anniversary year.  Mark your
calendars and let's have a meeting of the NS minds during the Friday Night NCCC
'Hospitality Suite' free-for-all.  That would be great.

I've been missing my pal K7NV in the NS Ladder this year, but we got to hang
out now and then in Visalia which was a lot of fun.  Tnx, Kurt, for hauling
that KT34M2 that you won last year all the way back down to Visalia for me.

For NS FOC members, we had a great informal off-site breakfast together in
Visalia on Saturday Morning.  My understanding is that arrangements have been
made to have it at the Holiday Inn next year.

73 & Tnx for all the Q's tonight ...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust