[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO/6 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO/6 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 00:20:35 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 2

Call: N6ZFO/6
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO/6

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   0     0
   80:   0     0
   40:   0     0
   20:   1     1
-------------------
Total:   1     1  Total Score = 1

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, what a night of NS Ladder.  As your "leader" of sorts I had the pleasure of
listening to the NS using a web-based receiver located in upstate NY.  Copied 34
different callsigns and could even hear some weak cw on 160 meters.

I want to thank all of you for making our little contest such a great summer
fun event.  I apologize for being totally absent on the air this year, and
perhaps somewhat absent or absent minded on timely results delivery.

Today was the closing for sale of our Marin County house,the N6ZFO QTH for the
last 15 years. The event was a major relief in an "interesting" RE market and
marks the end of a chalenging but interesting 5-year search for a country
property.  We did quite well and the XYL is happily (very happily) moved to the
22 acre Mt. Dali Dona QTH located at the south end of Clear Lake CA, about 2 1/2
hours north of San Francisco.  You can view Mt Dali Dona by typing "Dali Dona"
or "mt dali dona" into Google Earth or viewing the "Dali-Dona" profile at
www.heywhatsthat.com. WE actually own the top of this small mountain, whose
name is derived from the Pomo indian word for "inverted basket". The square
plot of planted land in the photo (500 feet on a side) is our 2-acre vineyard,
conveniently close to the dimensions of a beverage antenna. At some point after
I finish working here in So Cal you can expect some interesting signals
emanating from the mountain top.  Perhaps by the end of NS Ladder V.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for their patience in dealing with my
pre-occupation in house swapping this year.  NS Ladder has probably suffered a
little, as there hasn't been time to devote personal attention to, for example,
welcoming newcomers individually as I've done in the past.  Hopefully the rest
of you can help out here by continuting to recruit new NSr's and wecoming those
who choose to jump in the fray.

Shortly I'll try to re-start some postings to the blog: nsladder.blogspot.com

NS Ladder event is managed by N6ZFO with assistance from N3BB, K4BAI, N4AF and
W9RE, with W0YK (NCCC) and WA7BNM (SCCC) providing invaluable web support.
N6RO takes over with the always popular NS after NS Ladder concludes.  AS some
of you know, the NS Ladder had it's early origins in the contest practice
session organized with the Thursday night NCCC Contest Net on 75m.  The year I
was VP and Contest Chair for NCCC, Ken and I took the formerly local practice
sessions to a national audience by posting the practices to CQ Contest.  That
acttion provided the basis for launching a contest to test my ideas about a ham
radio ladder competition that I first discussed with the NCCC BOD in 2000, the
year I joined the NCCC.  The Thursday night net was thus the launch pad for the
NS Ladder in 2004 and is the reason the NS and NS Ladder are held on Thursday
night.

73

Bill N6ZFO/6
Contest Director