[3830] NewEngQP W0BH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP W0BH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 09:12:49 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:      8        1
   40:     22       31
   20:     65      102
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:     95      134  Mults = 51  Total Score = 16,524

Club:

Comments:

The fact that the NEQP is a two-day event really helped out this weekend as did
the mid-afternoon start on Saturday. I enjoyed working the 7QP, NEQP, and INQP
all at once and also added MARAC Qs to one big log file. On Saturday, my beam
stays pointing west from Kansas, but this year, conditions were good enough to
give me a good number of NE Qs on 20m anyway. Once I went to 40m on the
vertical, 7s, NE, and IN all came at once for the first hour and a half .. a
really nice run.

I often wonder what kind of a score I could put up if actually had the time to
work this event. Sunday morning was taken up graduating the Class of 2008 at
Hesston College. A graduation party in the evening cost me two more prime-time
operating hours. Sunday afternoon when I did have time to operate with the beam
finally headed northeast, signals were excellent. Overall, I worked 176 unique
calls and 51 counties. Last year, I worked 57 counties in about the same amount
of time, but the most interesting fact is that this year I worked every single
one of the counties I missed last year!

Special thanks to the mobiles .. sorry I didn't have more time to track you
this year. The strongest consistent mobile signal award goes to K1KI/m with 8
Qs in the log, followed by WA1Z/m (6), WW1M/m (2), NE1QP/m (2) and KD1EJ/m
(2).

Thanks to the sponsors for organizing this event, and many thanks to all for
the fun!

73, Bob, w0bh