[3830] ARI DK6XZ SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk6xz@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] ARI DK6XZ SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 08:38:46 -0700
                    ARI International DX Contest

Call: DK6XZ
Operator(s): DK6XZ / E77XZ
Station: DK6XZ

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: garden nr. Karlsruhe
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:   44      0      0       26
   80:   63     77      0       66
   40:   79     27      0       46
   20:   71     46      0       33
   15:    0      0      0        0
   10:    0      0      0        0
------------------------------------
Total:  257    150      0      171  Total Score = 229,482

Club:

Comments:

CONTEST  : ARI-I-DX

CATEGORY : CHECKLOG ALL  MIXED

CALLSIGN : DK6XZ

NAME     : Suad Zukic
ADDRESS  : Gymnasiumstr. 104
           DE-75175 Pforzheim

 Band       QSOs    Points     Multiplier
  1.8       44       149       15 +  11
  3.5      140       583       32 +  34
    7      106       369       25 +  21
   14      117       241       25 +   8
 TOTAL     407      1342       97 +  74

SCORE :     229482
===================

Hello everybody!

Few words about my  field-day activity ( garden-expedition ):

Pleased very much to have participated in ARI for the very
first time. I tought, it would be nice for that weekend to
enjoy a bit the open air and the nature: accompanied with
my two young sons I went to the wildness ( 2-3 km to the next
civilization ) with some 10 l fuel, a fully new and for the
first  time used small generator and my home equipment. It
was an nice experiance for me and an great adventure for my
boys, who were going late at evening to sleep into a wooden
lodge.

The plan to use even PC for logging was immediately broken
down, at the very first try to test my at tree hanging G5RV:
the TRX collapsed at 100 W transmittion. Well, lowering the
power to 25 W made it works. With time I saw that on some freq.
and modes even  more than 50 W can be used; so the contest
started...

Very nice activity and solide operation, so that I was enjoying
my 15 hours being QRV, especially during the night while writing my
QSOs at paper and getting light by the candle!! As it was getting
colder at early morning hours, I burned down surely 2-3 m³ wood
at the open fire place. I was hearing much more stations than worked,
pitty that some I stns. at 40 m and some DXs were not able to hear
my calls.

To write down the QSO data and to use the paddle with the same hand
in a cold night was hard, but the hardest job of all actually was, to
type later all the ~400 QSOs in the PC.

So thank you for the nice contest, and thanks very much to all of
them who was able to hear my signal ( RA3CM and RD3A at 4 bands ).

This year will be well remembered by me - let´s see next time...

Congratulations to all the guys who was able to collect more than
1000 Qs!! Nice contest in deed.

Warmest yours

Suad, DK6XZ / E77XZ

Equipment used:
TRX: YAESU FT-1000 MP ( 25-50 W ) + KENT PADDLE + HEIL HC-4 HEADsET
Power Supply: small power generator ( 650 VA )
ANT: inv "V" G5RV @10 m and inv. "V" 160Dipole of 1/2 WL @5/1 m
PC: TOSHIBA SATELLITE PIII 1GHZ - UCXLOG 6.20 ( after contest )

"I have observed all competition rules as well as
 all regulations for Amateur Radio in my country.
 My report is correct and true to the best of my knowledge."

                          Signed   Suad Zukic