[3830] ManMin AA CW NG7Z SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ManMin AA CW NG7Z SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 18:14:04 -0700
                    Manchester Mineira All America CW Contest

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.25

   80:   15      0
   40:   50     18
   20:   70     19
   15:   33     16
   10:    3      1
----------------------
Total:  171     54  Total Score = 24,678

Club: RTKCC

Comments:

Last year I had 94X31 for 7502 in 5.25 hrs. At that time my antennas were an 80M
delta loop and an inverted L. This year, I have two yagi antennas for 40-10M at
60ft and 50ft and an OCF dipole for 80M. What a huge difference the improved
antennas have made in my scores since last summer in all the contests I've
participated in. Now I can rightly call myself a true little pistol with a
slightly larger "bang".
It's hard to compare last year's conditions with this year's since I can hear a
lot better. Still, I have to say that 15M paid off nicely with 8 more mults than
last year. Having never experienced a full solar cycle with reasonably good
antennas, I am anxiously awaiting improved conditions.
Many thanks to the QRP ops who braved these lousy conditions. They deserve
credit for providing the 5 point contacts.
Rex K7QQ was giving it his best to make some points on 10M. Hope he did well
with his big antennas up there. Could only hear CX6VM and it took several
repeats for him to get my call right. I remember back in 2000 and 2001 working
SA easily using a little 10M dipole and 25 watts when we were living in a small
condo in Seattle. I can't imagine what it must be like with a 7 element yagi and
100W. Must be sweet indeed.
Thanks to the CWJF folks for sponsoring this fine contest and all the ops who
took time out to work me. 73 to all
Paul NG7Z