[3830] WPX CW NY6N(N6MJ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6mj@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NY6N(N6MJ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:17:00 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NY6N
Operator(s): N6MJ
Station: W6YI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    5
   80:  131
   40:  812
   20: 1151
   15:  424
   10:   61
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks again to Jim, W6YI for the use of his excellent station.

I lucked out with the weather.  It was raining on Thursday and Friday before
the contest, and that really quieted down the power lines.  There was no noise
at all on Friday or Saturday, but it started to come back on Sunday as things
started to dry out.

Conditions seemed to be a little better than last year.  We had a decent 40m
opening to EU on Friday night, and I managed to work about 35 of them on the
2nd radio.  20m was the money band as usual.  It was open the entire contest,
with good rates to JA all night long.  Condx to EU were just mediocre, with no
real runs in that direction.  15m was interesting.  I never had a good JA run,
but it was open from 21z til 09z both days.  No matter what time of night it
was, JA3YBK was in there with a solid signal.  I also worked 9M6YBG and E21YDP
around 1am local time, along with several JA's.  I worked 6 EU on sunday
morning shortly after sunrise, and that was it for EU.  10m was open both days
to the US, but not much DX heard.

Congrats to all the big scores out there.  It was great to hear so many guys
making a serious effort in this contest this year.

73,
Dan N6MJ