[3830] WPX CW AA4LR SOAB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AA4LR SOAB(TS) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:27:53 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:    3
   80:   29
   40:  111
   20:  199
   15:   95
   10:   17
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m (10m-40m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower (80m-160m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100 tuner running 100 watts

Comments:

Managed to piece some time on the air between honey-dos. Conditions seemed
spectacularly bad. Although 10m and 15m opened, the distances were relatively
short. 20m didn't open to europe until the mid-afternoon. Normally, we'd have
an european opening on the morning around 1200z or so. Trans-equatorial
propagation on 10m was non-existent Sunday. I don't believe I heard any
africans other than D4C.

Late Sunday afternoon, I managed a pretty good rate on 15m while beaming toward
europe. Unfortunately for me, nearly all the stations were stateside. Curiously,
when I rotated the beam across the US, the rate dropped, and turning back toward
europe restored it.

I expected to end up with about 100K, and was pleased to hang on through 250 K.