[3830] ARRL June VHF N3OX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3ox.dan@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N3OX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:35:52 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  148    68  Total Score = 11,016

Club:

Comments:

6m openings were long lasting and productive.  It would have been cool to get
more diversity in where they were open to ... lots of fives in the log for
sure.  That might have been an activity problem to some extent.  Heard VE2XK
with 59 sigs in FN07 calling someone on 50200 ... but it wasn't his frequency,
missed him, and didn't hear a single other station from anywhere near there the
rest of the contest.  Caught a few Carribean stations.

2m and 432 were so-so.  I had some hopes for some tropo DX to get a few new
grids in the log.  My monster antenna farm ( http://n3ox.net/files/VHFUHF.jpg)
is not really going to win me any of these things... so it's always more fun if
I'm knocking down some DX I don't have already.  Maybe W1RT rover in FM27 is a
new 2m grid, but I don't have any really exciting 2m/70cm stories to tell, just
traded some points with the usual crew.

I got quite a bit of operating time in; not much of a plan but I think I ended
up with my highest VHF/UHF contest score in any contest so far .. so hey, it
was a fun weekend ;-)