[3830] ARRL June VHF K0UK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ukbrown@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K0UK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 05:41:14 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  135    88  Total Score = 11,880

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

First contact was about 1900Z with W0BX Bill here in GJ on 6mtrs, then N0KE Phil
in Silt about 70 miles east of me. From there 6mtrs opened to SouthEast with
W5PR coming thru. Openings were good when it occurred, Lots of EN, EM and EL
contact. Worked some XE and some VE no other real DX heard. West Coast just
didnt show up big this time around.
GMCC'ers worked. N0KE, K0DU, K0LSD, W0ETT, K0YW and heard W0EEA on 2mtr ssb but
didnt make contact. W6OAL was worked from the front range on 2mtrs which is
always hard from here. Bruce K0YW was worked on 6mtrs ssb and 2mtr cw. Thanks
for hanging in Bruce. Plus a cw contact with W0ETT Ken in Como. Never heard Ken
on 2mtr cw.
 Rig: ICOM 706 JA modified model running 50watts 6mtrs and 70 watts 2mtrs.
Antenna 13el CC Boomer at 25ft and 22ft. 5el CC yagi. All on a push up mast.
 Thanks to all who heard my tiny signal. PTL God Bless to All. K0UK