[3830] ARRL June VHF KA3ZLS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KA3ZLS Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:07:52 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  285   103  Total Score = 36,874

Club:

Comments:

Had alot of fun during this contest.  I was actually able to get off of work on
time on Saturday to be home for the beginning of the contest but had to shut
everything down for a couple of hours on Saturday evening due to thunderstorms.
 6 meters wasn't all that good it seemed on Saturday so i spent alot of time on
2 meters and up.  I finally hit the sheets at around 2 in the morning and was
back on the air at about 8 sunday morning just in time for the great opening
down to the south and west on 6 meters.  I spent several hours on 6 for the
first part of sunday racking up qso after qso.  It seemed like every other
contact I was logging a new grid.  Then things slowed down on 6 in the late
afternoon so I was bouncing between 6 and 2 for the rest of contest running
qso's up the bands.  I credit the success on 6 this contest with the new M2 5
element antenna that I put up on the Thursday before the contest.  It replace
the cushcraft 5 element.  Anyone want to buy a cushcraft 5 element yagi.  Haha.
 My contacts on all the other bands were down due to the fact I spent more time
on 6 meters.  I did manage to triple my score from back in december so I was
happy about that.  The only thing that seem to went wrong this contest besides
the thunderstorms was my 1296 amp crapping out on me.  Other then that
everything else worked OK, knock on wood.  I just want to say thanks to
everyone who got on during this contest and to the rovers for getting out there
with the gas prices as high as they are and will be looking for everyone in
september.    Thanks again, Chris, KA3ZLS.