[3830] RAC Day VE3CRU SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE3CRU SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:37:56 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Whitby Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   22     71       9        10
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:   22     71       9        10  Total Score = 15,428

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This contest was run totally out of the Rovermobile, at 2 locations in town.
High on a hill east of Town Hall first 2 and last hour of the contest.  All day
Sunday at a park and beach south end of town and 200 feet north of waters edge
of Lake Ontario.  Hundreds of celebrants in the park, if not over a thousand,
picnicing and kids enjhoying the water park area, beats sitting alone here in
the shack for the test.  Many curious about what I was doing, including a lady
who came to see if I was doing anything illegal.  She left very happy, along
with her relative over on a visit from Italy and taking a qsl back to show what
we do here.

Rig was 756 ProII with hamstick on the roof inches away from 45 looper for
1296.
Power was 600 amps of batteries independent of auto system, charged at night.

There was 11 RAC qso's made in total, 9 on ssb and 2 on cw.  Never heard the
Territories, not surprised either.  The ratio of mults per qso for ssb was
71/10 vs 22/9 cw so cw does pay big dividends in this contest.  DX was 26
qso's, Canada yielded 54, including CY0X on Sable Island on 14.332.  When I
stumbled onto CY0X they had a pileup and soon went split.  I got them quickly
on split.  A great qso too, thanks Pete.

Comparing my mults to others operating from home, I am very happy with my total
and final score on a cheap $25 hamstick.

Thanks to RAC for sponsoring the contest, and to all who enjoyed being there
for points and friendship.  Happy Canada Day!!!

73,   Bill   VE3CRU