[3830] IARU N4OGW SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rt_clay@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N4OGW SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 07:10:57 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N4OGW
Operator(s): N4OGW
Station: N4OGW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: ms
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    67    0      10
   80:   221    0      35
   40:   499    0      62
   20:   684    0      66
   15:   177    0      37
   10:     6    0       5
-------------------------------------
Total:  1654    0     215       0  Total Score = 870,750

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Logging program (N1MM) does not separate HQ vs zone mult in summary.

Very similar to last year here, score within a few hundred points of last
year's final score, so will be lower with logging mistakes. Had about
300 more qso's last year, all in domestic E-skip on 10/15. Breakdown on 160-20
within 15 qso's of last time on each band! Nice to work a few western EU on
10m.

EU or JA never really runnable from here. Very little Asia and non-HQ EU's. As
usual, if I was in zone 7 (just west of me), the final score would go up a lot
because of the ton of zone 8 stations.

I used 1 skimmer on the mult radio. It was only used for 160-20, I forgot
that the K2's I use invert on 15/10, which screwed up the Softrock freq
calibration there. I don't think Skimmer made much difference here- had 206
mults last year, only 9 less. I think I would have found the mults I got S&P
with or without skimmer, and of course many more come while calling cq. From
this part of the country, the problem is not finding the HQ mults, but getting
them to hear you...

Tor
N4OGW