[3830] IARU NN3W(@N3HBX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn3w@cox.net
Subject: [3830] IARU NN3W(@N3HBX) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 08:14:23 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W, KD4D, N3HBX
Station: N3HBX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    59    0       7       12
   80:   268    0      21       24
   40:   504    0      29       38
   20:   957    0      36       43
   15:   426    0      22       32
   10:    34    0       9        8
-------------------------------------
Total:  2248    0     124      156  Total Score = 2,014,880

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Raw numbers after prelim merge of files (sorry, can't quite extract SSB v. CW
breakdown) - I think some HQ station data is undercounted.

Thanks to John N3HBX for having KD4D and I up to the Poolesville QTH.  Nothing
broke, nothing blew up, and no towers ran away.  Hurray!!!!!!!!!

My first IARU in nearly 15 years, and certainly my first M/S.  To be honest, I
hate M/S in this test.  You're teased because you have packet and Skimmer (will
leave that for another discussion), but you can't chase any packet spots other
than what is on your band and particular mode.  The lack of a mult transmitter
is PAINFUL.  In the meantime, the Single op stations can move others, bounce
all over the bands with the second radio, and go nuts generally.

Condx were lousy at first but improved as the day went on, and were actually
rather decent on Sunday morning.  It would have probably been a very good
contest day on 15 had the contest not ended at 1200z.

Nice little opening on 10 meters - I assume mostly Eskip.  We employed the 7
element "death ray" at 190 feet to fish out many of those EU contacts.

Amazingly, the weather cooperated here.  In fact the static was less bothersome
than during Russia DX when it was downright attrocious.

CU next year.