[3830] IARU AA4FU SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alan@aa4fu.com
Subject: [3830] IARU AA4FU SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 08:35:52 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: AA4FU
Operator(s): AA4FU
Station: AA4FU

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:    4     0       1       1
   80:  126     0      13       8
   40:  131     0      14      19
   20:  186     0      21      19
   15:   31     0       9       6
   10:    8     0       3       1
-------------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Tough conditions with my verticals.  The first six hours or so were more like
the NA QSO party than a DX contest.  I finally started working some of the EU
HQ stations late Saturday afternoon, but never really worked too many others.
My normal S&P strategy dried up quickly in this one, so spent more time calling
CQ and it worked good on 80m.  I had a few DX stations call me and the number of
4, 6 & 7 zone stations was enough to add a few extra points.

The number of zones & HQ stations is approximate.  The totals are correct but
had to do a hand count to break out the HQ stations.

Rig: Kenwood TS-570D
Antennas: Cushcraft R-8 Vertical 40 - 10m; MA80/40 80 & 160 (with external
tuner)
Other: microHam micro Keyer; Heil Quiet Phone headset; N1MM software