[3830] IARU N4GG SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4gg@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N4GG SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:50:26 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 19:36
Radios: SO2R

  160:    44    0       6       5
   80:   163    0       8       8
   40:   334    0      23      26
   20:   551    0      24      28
   15:   116    0       9      14
   10:    12    0       3       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1220    0      73      81  Total Score = 440,132

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

2X: FT-1000MP, ACOM 2000A.  Home-brew SO2R, Writelog, Wires-in-the-woods.
No Skimmer, no packett.

Wanted to get in a full 24 hours and see how the station (and operator) are
performing these days - but gave it up at 19 hours - over-tired from putting
all the wires back up after a bad storm took them down this prior Monday
evening.

Condx were typical of summertime on HF at the minimum: low SFI and plenty of
D-layer.  10 and 15 opened better than expected.  15 was better to EU than 20
most of the day and 20 opened to EU very very late.  20 down through 160 were
great to the West after 0400Z.  VKs, KH6s etc. loud on all bands.  80 and 160
were good to EU as well.  Unfortunately, the QRN here from local storms made 80
and 160 really challenging - and the bulk of them were in the paths I needed.
The K9AY loop spent all night with the null on the storms rather than the peak
on the signals.  The spare computer had the US WX map up the whole time.

Instant pileups would show up from time to time.  Packett? Skimmer?  Not sure
how to tell anymore.

This was lots of fun despite the QRN , shortened operating time and zero time
for prep.  On to NAQP - but with the amps off I may skip it.  No fun when
signals are below the noise floor.
GG