[3830] IARU N5DX SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N5DX SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:35:01 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N5DX
Operator(s): N5DX
Station: N5DX

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    47     0     13       0
   80:   126     6     31       0
   40:   407   162     67       0
   20:   706   516     66       0
   15:   151    25     50       0
   10:     4     1      5       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1441   710    232       0  Total Score = 1,579,688

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to K5KA for the use of his DX Doubler for the last two contests while
mine was being fixed.  Bill, N5RR, has a great Skimmer setup with an RF Space
SDR IQ on a laptop that he let me borrow for the second time (first was the WPX
contest).  It worked flawlessly and really helped me get close to my mult goal
of 244, which was K5NA's multi-single total from last year.  I really
appreciate, Bill letting me use his Skimmer setup, and we will probably have
one of our own soon for the multi-multi contests we work.  I think Skimmer
helped me a lot with beefing up my multiplier total.  Especially with the
headquarter stations on 15, 20, and 40.  It does need to learn how to copy HQ
instead of SQ.

Conditions were not great here in Arkansas.  0 Asians on 20 meters other than
some JA stations around midnight local time and a few Saturday morning.
Earlier this week the band was wide open to HS, BY, etc in the morning.  40
meter conditions were decent with a good opening around sunset to Europe.
Unfortunately a big storm came through and I shut the station down for 1.5
hours just after sunset while it passed.  10 meters seemed to be dead the
entire contest, but based on other reports, I may have missed an opening?  Many
stations were gracious enough to move, especially on the low bands.

73,

Kevin/N5DX