[3830] IARU N7ZG(@N7WA) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N7ZG(@N7WA) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:50:30 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7ZG
Station: N7WA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

  160:
   80:   78      4     14       5
   40:  146            20       8
   20:  352    256     45      19
   15:   67      5      6       2
   10:           1      1       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  643    285     76      34  Total Score = 252,890

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Dink, N7WA let me run this one from his station alone this year breaking a 5
year tradition of doing this as a multi single.   It seems like he weighed the
options.   Do I do yard work around the house or the IARU from the PAC NW at
the bottom of the cycle in mid July?

I guess I'm just a masochist.  As usual he and his XYL Diane, KB7DNE were
gracious hosts, allowing me to run wires across the lawn and hang even more
wires on the tower.   Thanks guys.

I thought 40 and 80 sounded fairly good at the start.  The A index was slated
to go to 20.  It appears that the worst of it hit just before the contest
started and then it tapered off.  I thought 80 sounded great.  The amp died
late Sat night so I was limited to low power on 40/80 for the large majority of
the low band action.  I did have some DX call in during my LP CW runs.  I was
shocked when a YN station called me.   I also had one or two PY's call in as
well.  The antenna was an inverted vee for 80 (albeit a nice one peaking at 90
ft).

40 was decent but not great.  I had a YB call in while running early Sat
morning.  It was also cool to work ZD8Z at his sunrise on 40M (Jim N6TJ).  No
EU although I heard OM8HQ fairly loud.

Not much DX on 20.  Some EU but no EU runs.  A high point on 20 was when EL2DX
called in.  That is a new one for me.

15 sounded like 10 did 2 years ago.  I worked very little DX on 15.  Almost all
of the Q's were stateside.

10, well... zippo.  I did manage to work one of my club mates about 20 miles
away for a quick mult.

The equipment failures put a damper on the score, but that is the way it goes
sometimes.

See you in CQWW CW from VP5W.

73 - Guy, N7ZG