[3830] IARU K6AM SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K6AM SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:40:25 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: K6AM

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    10     1      2       2
   80:    44     1      8       3
   40:   529    16     29      17
   20:   371   789     31      31
   15:    58   112      9       2
   10:     5    22      4       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1017   941     83      55  Total Score = 781,356

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Hey how about those W6 1x1 calls.. They were the West Coast Regional Radio Team
Championship boys competing on two man teams ala the WRTC.  Hope you got to
work them all on many bands.  Results of the WCRRTC will be posted shortly here
and on the SCCC web site.

As for me, I almost never operate high power from home.  Hope the neighbors
will forgive me.  Sure is a lot more fun though to be able to hold down a spot
and get through to the weak EU's with one call.

20 was in pretty good shape but not at the usual times.  Worked most of the DX
late at night.  Had a good JA run after midnight!  40 was OK to Asia but no EU
to speak of with this little rotary dipole at 50 ft.  I was on 20 during the EU
sunrise anyway.

It was a bit tricky doing SO2R with only one amp.  Pretty much used the second
radio on the opposite mode on the same band and shared the amp with a transfer
relay.  it worked OK but I couldn't easily check the other bands.

Thanks to all the new guys and gals who jumped in to see what the commotion was
about.  You accounted for most of our 3 pointers on ssb.

CU all from PJ4E and ZF1A again this year for the CQWW's.

John, K6AM