[3830] IARU K0HW SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K0HW@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K0HW SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:48:02 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K0HW
Operator(s): K0HW
Station: K0HW

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: South Dakota
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   18      1      4       2
   80:   46     72     11       4
   40:  149     62     14      11
   20:  207    159     20      24
   15:   42     24      8       3
   10:    3      0      1       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  465    318     58      44  Total Score = 217,974

Club:

Comments:

Another Superb contest.  My goal this contest was to work it the entire 24
hours.  Goal was acomplished and I now know I can do it.  I have tried in the
past and never completed the mission.  I knew I was making a lot more CW
contacts than phone throughout the contest so it surprised me to find that I
had made more QSOs on 80 phone than on 80 CW.  It must have been the bad QRN
with the 250 filter on 80 that made it not a wanted mode!

It is always fun to find the W1AW/ and the NU1AW/ station each year and see if
they can be worked on all bands.  This year I didn't even come close.  VA2RAC
seemed to be the most active this year.  it really surpised me to find out that
the rate didn't go down to much in the wee hours of the morning and it was quite
good for me.  20 meters finally did drop out about 2 AM here.

ICOM 756 PRO II, Writelog, HyGain HyTower, HyGain TH11DX, Dipoles on 80 and 160