[3830] IARU AT6T(VU2PTT) Headquarters HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2ptt@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU AT6T(VU2PTT) Headquarters HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 03:27:37 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: AT6T
Operator(s): VU2PTT
Station: VU2PTT

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH: Bangalore MK82tx
Operating Time (hrs): 20.5

  160:    0      0     0         0
   80:    0      0     0         0
   40:   38      7
   20:  349     80
   15:   83     25
   10:   10      5
-------------------------------------
Total:  480    117     0       122  Total Score = 287,554

Club:

Comments:

It was fun to run the VU HQ station from my SO station with a special
call sign. The contest started well for me, with close to 400
QSOs in the log in the first 6 hours, but this was to be short-lived.
The night hours were very unproductive on 40m, and a small opening on
20m after 20z to NA brought in about 8 QSOs. We had an extended power
outage from 03z on the 13th till the end of the contest, thus making
the last 9 hours of the contest a low power S&P affair @ 50 watts from
my emergency supply batteries. The computer backup supply lasted for
about 6 hours and I spent the last 3 hours of the contest the old
fashioned way - paper logging :)

    Happy to give out the ARSI HQ multiplier to all comers and look
forward to a very organized VU effort next year from multiple
stations. As ususal, the log will be uploaded to LoTW and QSLs will be
available soon from VU2PTT. See you all next year.

    73 de Prasad VU2PTT, W2PTT and now AT6T