[3830] IARU KA1ARB M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rob.katz@theLegacyCenter.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KA1ARB M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:23:27 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KA1ARB
Operator(s): KA1ARB
Station: KA1ARB

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:   30     62     16
   40:   88     26     21
   20:   26    260     47
   15:   26     62     35
   10:   23      5     15
-------------------------------------
Total:  183    433    131       0  Total Score = 221,652

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First. my full time effort turned part-time, and then Lee WB1ADR joined me to
turn my single-op into a multi-op.

As a "solo multi-op," I played around S&P between some chores and antenna work
looking for mults on 10 and 15.  Finally went to 20m and had some nice runs
around 19:00 and 21:00.  I had one of my best hours ever during 22:00 before
breaking to pick up WB1ADR.

Back around 02:00, Lee ripped off a nice run until we hit a couple of hardware
problems  First, we spent nearl an hour with RF in our audio until Lee noticed
that the lead was barely connected to the power supply, causng the terminals to
turn red hot!  Switching to a back up supply cured the problem.  Soon after, the
amp went off-line and we were barefoot for a while until we tracked down an
intermittent control cable.  Back on track, we had a nice run on 40 and then a
couple on 80.  Things really slowed down around 3:00 AM local (actually, WE
really slowed down!) and our lack of sleep overwhelmed our meager skills.  We
struggled from there, with one final run on 40 and around 10:00.

All in all, a fun time.  Thanks for all the Q's!