[3830] IARU V31UB M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku5b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU V31UB M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:20:35 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: V31UB
Operator(s): KU5B, K5WQG
Station: V31UB

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Placencia, Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:     1     0      1       0
   80:    25     0      9       1
   40:   742    72     31      19
   20:   757   166     22      32
   15:   101    20     11       3
   10:     5     0      2       1
-------------------------------------
Total:  1631   258     76      56  Total Score = 840,708

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First, I'd like to thank Eddy for teaming up with me for this and for the use of
his TS-480. I'd talked to him last year and told him we'd be taking the annual
trip to Belize again and he decided to come down the same time as well.

This was a lot of fun. The rates were overall fairly good so we never really
got too bored. The mult total is lacking but we were just having too much fun
running to go and chase them. Fortunately, we found that a lot of them called
us as the contest progressed. Learning experience for next year!

This was Eddy's real introduction to automated keying and he picked it up very
quickly...although he couldn't help but keep his fingers on the paddles. We
were sent a recording by NO5W and had a laugh as we heard Eddy's trademark
".-." after the exchange was sent. We didn't have any major problems this time.
The power did go out for half an hour or so but didn't seem to slow us down
much. The weather kept away and we enjoyed a regular breeze throughout.

Thanks to those that called us; we sure had a great time. All QSO's from IARU
and V31UB are now on LOTW!

Kenwood TS-480 200w
2el quad for 10-20m at 10m
HF2V 40/80m in salt water lagoon