[3830] IARU JA1YPA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sh-nakamura@polka.ocn.ne.jp
Subject: [3830] IARU JA1YPA M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 07:13:36 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: JA1YPA
Operator(s): JA1PEJ,JE1PMQ,JG4KEZ,JA6AKL,JF6DEA
Station: JA1YPA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Tochigi,JAPAN
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:    2      0      0       2
   80:   15      0      4       5
   40:  134     36     23      22
   20:  160    130     23      21
   15:   98     38     18      17
   10:   30     16      4       6
-------------------------------------
Total:  439    220     72      72  Total Score = 315,504

Club:

Comments:

Our plan was progressing very smoothly till just before a start as expected.
But, we lost hope suddenly. Because, it turned out that the antenna of a 20m
band cannot be used having broken.

I was able to think that the fault of an antenna was serious and repair was
impossible. We had forced to do a contest without using a 20m band.
 But, the operation which cannot use 20m was miserable.
We did not throw away a wish to the last. When losing hope almost, someone of
members who were looking at the report of the packet cluster said that he would
like to hear a 20m band.
In a 20m band, many signals could be heard and it was active from other bands.

Someone said again. If receivable and it can use also for transmission?
your opinion may be right -- that is right!
3 hours have passed since contest starting time, and operation with a 20m band
started.

Probably, it did not become such a thing, when carrying out sufficient check
before the contest started.
Contribution by JA1PEJ