[3830] CQWW VHF N0HF SOSB/6 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0hf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF N0HF SOSB/6 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 21:43:58 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: N0HF
Operator(s): N0HF
Station: N0HF

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: Boulder, CO
Operating Time (hrs): 5

    6:  94     50
    2:
-------------------
Total:  94     50  Total Score = 4,700

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

CW: 17
SSB: 77

I didn't realize until Saturday morning this was happening, the band was in
great shape prior to the start, made a bunch of qso's with "hope to work you in
the contest" comments, what contest? How silly of me. Checked the rules quickly
and I was off and running. Until other obligations dragged me away...

Best contact was Saturday afternoon with K1TOL in FN44 who came out of nowhere
to s9+, other than that, a couple of XE's. Mostly single hope to TX and CA,
brief Midwest and Southeast.

This contest in particular quick fading really struck in the middle of the
contact, unable to copy a few grids and had to nil the QSO.
At times the band had signals wall to wall then "poof" all but the strong
signals vanished. Then came back again 2 minutes later. Love this band!

CUL,
'73 Dan N0HF