[3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:27:13 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 25

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   0      0
   80:   2      2
   40:  12     11
   20:  26     16
-------------------
Total:  40     29  Total Score = 1,160

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I FINALLY BROKE 1,000 POINTS!

Back in WA this week as NN7SS Burt WA, instead of K6UFO Mork CA.
And finally was able to break 1,000 pts, after three years of
working up to it.

Had to reboot computer in minute 00 and 01, this computer often
needs help. Also had some strange keyboard shortcuts set, probably
left over from the IARU in SSB-only two weeks ago. In particular,
I couldn't wipe a QSO and start over without going up to the mouse
and menu - slowed me down getting the right call into the entry box.

20m was rocking along, if anything the problem was too many people
and QRM. Finally I broke away up to 40m which seemed noisy, but had
Mult after Mult after Mult - incredible!  In the last two minutes I
hit 80m for two local mults thanks to K7SS and W7WHY.  I called CQ
on 160m in the last seconds, but no answer. Nice to hear W7SW and
many other friends.

Great to finish this NS Ladder with finally breaking 1,000 pts.
Many thanks to you guys for all the help!

NN7SS Burt WA  (op K6UFO)

80-meter half-sloper
40m: Cushcraft 40-2CD yagi at 50ft
20m: 3-el SteppIR at 30ft