[3830] IOTA VA7ST SO12CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA VA7ST SO12CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:26:44 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO12CW HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 5.62

   80:
   40:   59      13
   20:  130      16
   15:    1       1
   10:
Total:  190      30       0        0  Total Score = 30,780

Club:

Comments:

* FT-2000 and SB221
* N1MM Logger v8.6.4
* 3-ele. tribander at 45'
* 40M 2-element half-square beam SE-NW
* 80M 2-element vertical

2008 -- Flux: 66  | Ap:  4  | Kp: 2
2007 -- Flux: 69  | Ap: 10  | Kp: 3

Low flux, but also low A and K indices should have provided better propagation
than this. Brutal conditions up here, north of the Pacific Northwest.

20M had bad fading even to NA, and QRN was heavy. Good 20M opening over the
pole on Saturday night (11 p.m. or so). Worked UAs, some Gs, and the
Scandinavian Express (OH0X and SMs big here) but EU mults were scarce. At the
same time, the northern Pacific was also open and that's when I found my only
JA on 20M. But overall, 20M was in rough shape throughout.

Opened on 40M at 6 a.m. local, and worked Pacific contacts for two hours. On
Saturday night, 40M QRN came way up making Qs difficult.

Did not hear a single contest station on 80M.

Had fun but finished with 100 fewer Qs and 17 fewer mults than last year, with
a score less than half of last year -- down from 75,000 to 30,000 points. N1MM
Logger says I operated less than 6 hours, vs. 10+ last year.

Year    Qs    Mults    Score
2008:  190      30     30,780 HP12CW
2007:  292      47     75,576 HP12CW
2006:  254      37     49,950 HP12CW