[3830] IOTA KL7/VK2IMM SO12CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA KL7/VK2IMM SO12CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:12:01 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: KL7/VK2IMM
Operator(s): VK2IMM
Station: KL7/VK2IMM

Class: SO12CW LP
QTH: Baranof island
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:
   40:  158      18       0        0
   20:   50      12       0        0
   15:
   10:
Total:  208      30       0        0  Total Score = 47,880

Club:

Comments:

dxpedition class

Rig: TS-440S
Ant: 7.3m wire vertical with an elevated radial(s) over a 10m fiberglass mast

Good elevated location with almost clear view over water to Oceania and Japan.
Not so good towards NA east coast as 3000 ft high mountain ridges block that
sector completely. I am surprized that I still worked some stations from
there.

20m was a bit of a disappintment. When K index dropped to 0 there was a DX
opening or two, for rest of the time it had either no stations at all or some
NA West coast and KH6 stations. This is much different what I could hear in W6
recently.

40M was in much better shape. Great signals from Oceania and JA. Not too noisy
compairing with my W6 QTH. Quite a bit of a distance to Carribien from here
(7500 km) so it becomes rather hard to reach.

Local weather is rather cool for mid summer. Temp is about 10-12 C day or
night, low clouds and it mostly rains. There is still snow on top of the
mountains around Sitka town.

Had to stop operating with one hour to go as I had a mechanical antenna problem
and it would take a while to fix it in the middle of the night in wet waether.

73

Sergey