[3830] NAQP CW K4RO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4RO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 22:24:14 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: T
Operating Time (hrs): 9:38
Radios: SO2R

  160:   35    18
   80:   97    33
   40:  129    39
   20:  235    50
   15:  249    47
   10:  169    39
-------------------
Total:  914   226  Total Score = 206,564

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG #1

Comments:

Yes, that's 22 minutes shy of full time.  Everything was going fantastic
until my first break. The high bands were in great shape, and my multiplier
count was better than it's ever been. I was sure this was going to be a
personal record for August.

After my first break, I got back on and made about 15 QSOs when I realized
that my break was *22* minutes and not 32!  That means it wasn't a break,
and I just had to eat those 22 minutes. That hurt, bad, and I never fully
recovered mentally. I stuck it out as best as I could though, and still may
have made my best ever August NAQP score. I also had all kinds of problems
with the computer clock speeding up and slowing down. It was gaining or
losing 2 minutes every half hour, and I still can't figure out why. It
was a real problem. I'd have consecutive QSO with the clock actually going
backwards in the log! I tried to correct things as I went along; it was a
real mess sometimes.

Conditions on the high bands were the best I can remember from here.
I've never had this many multipliers on the high bands. Thanks to
everyone who tried to QSY for band mults. I had a huge number of
successful moves, more than I've ever had in the past. This may be
my best multiplier ever, even with the lost time.

Thanks to those who joined a TCG team. Here's to the next 15 years!
Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and especially the QSYs.

73

-Kirk  K4RO