[3830] NAQP CW WA2MNO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob.lafont@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WA2MNO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 11:56:52 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: WA2MNO
Operator(s): WA2MNO
Station: WA2MNO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 8:00

  160:    7     6
   80:   44    21
   40:  129    37
   20:  101    30
   15:    9     7
   10:   11     8
-------------------
Total:  301   109  Total Score = 32,809

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team: MWA Team #2

Comments:

In June I had a lightening strike hit one of my antennas. That was demolished,
of course, but as I turned on more equipment I found two pc's and my Mark V and
my FT847 could no longer communicate with the pc (I found this out after I
rebuilt the pc's). The Mark V needs a new Control Unit that has to be shipped
out of Japan. The 847 Control Unit cannot be repaired because Yaesu doesn't
support the 847 anylonger. Thank goodness I have a great insurance agent. She
wrote checks out for me on the spot. So, I didn't have the Mark V for this
contest but I got a new IC7000. I never have been a fan of IF-DSP or software
controlled filtering. Using the 7000 in this contest has changed all of that
for me. This radio's selectivity and sensitivity is really quite amazing.

The upper bands didn't help with noise and no propogation but the lower bands
improved as the night went on.

Since I probjably won't get my Mark V back until September I will get a chance
to see how the 7000 plays in an SSB contest.

73 - Bob
WA2MNO