[3830] WAE CW W7WHY Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W7WHY Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:04:16 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): ~5

   80:
   40:
   20:  55    55     42
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  55    55     42  Total Score = 4,620

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

As someone mentioned, this certainly was not a contest for the PNW.

The bands weren't bad, they were worse than bad.  This was a 20 meter only
operation.

Had a short opening Friday night about 0500 over the pole and that was about
it.  Spent most of Saturday tuning 20 meters trying to find someone to work.
Did manage to finally scrape out 55 Q's and send all 55 QTC's.  N1MM Logger
makes sending QTC a breeze!!

I could hear the midwest and east coast running Europe, but nada here in
Oregon.  Did hear D44C with a great signal on 40 but couldn't work him.  Only
heard about 2 stateside stations CQ'ing on 15.

Still boggles the mind that a S-3 DL can hear me, but one that is S-9+ will CQ
in my face.  Most of the stations I worked weren't even wiggling the S-meter.
Heard a lot of ??? this weekend.

Still, any bad contest is better than NO contest.  See you next week in the
NAQP or BARTG.  73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1  FT-840
Radio 2  TS-450SAT + SB-200