[3830] WAE CW DL1IAO(@DL0WW) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW DL1IAO(@DL0WW) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 19:02:35 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SW Germany
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:  123   109    39
   40:  246   572    63
   20:  480   940    71
   15:  129   235    44
   10:   52    41    24
-------------------------
Total: 1030  1897   623  Total Score = 1,822,898

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

WT v3.22.0-dev on 2x HP Omnibook XE3
2x TS870, Alpha87A, AL1500, WX0B bandpass filters
    (10) 6el Yagi @24m     (40) 3el Yagi @20m (linear-loaded)
    (15) 5el Yagi @25m     (80) Bobtail (NW/SE) & Delta Loop
    (20) 5el Yagi @27m

Off-Times:
#1  Sat 06:32-10:26 -> 03:54
#2  Sun 04:45-12:51 -> 08:06

Being back to Single-OP after 3 years of DM1A WAE Multi-Single contesting
was an interesting experience.  One of the differences is Off-Times!

I had hoped for an opportunity to take a break on early Sunday morning but
the low bands kept producing good multipliers.  Sorry to the DX stations
who tried to give away their QTCs to just another tired guy with lousy
concentration.  Next year we´ll plan for some rest on Friday!

A little local competition with DJ5MW helped to stay excited during the slow
hours.  We were tracking each other and regularly exchanging numbers.  At
the end things look pretty close which is quite respectable for Manfred´s
single tower station (partially dismantled in summer time) - well done!

Never expected 10m to open to North America but it happens every year.  When
I returned to the radio on Sunday afternoon the best part of the opening
was over.  Luckily a few signals remained right above the noise - good enough
to work 10 districts.

Thanks to all DX stations who turned in some operating time and patiently
managed the QTC traffic!

There were lots of 5-banders this year!

73,

Stefan