[3830] WAE CW AT6T(VU2PTT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vu2ptt@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW AT6T(VU2PTT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 23:56:49 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: AT6T
Operator(s): VU2PTT
Station: VU2PTT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Bangalore MK82tx
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

   80:    0     0     0
   40:  100    63    66
   20:  299   240    76
   15:  105   201    42
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  504   504   184  Total Score = 185,472

Club:

Comments:

Rig: Icom IC-746 PRO + Heathkit SB-200 Amp (400w)
Ant: 20,15,10m - Force 12 C3-S Tribander up 20mH
Ant: 40m-Full size wire vertical with one radial!
Ant: 80/160m = Still using the imaginary Inverted-L always makes 0 QSOs :)
Ant: All antennas in a roof space of 35' x 26', lot size of 45' x 30'

Used my special contest call AT6T and had a nice time with serious operation
for about 18 hours to reach my target of 500 QSOs + 500 QTCs. I had my
daughters school annual day to attend on Saturday + some shopping with the XYL
(VU2AQB) on Sunday + 6 hour power outage running 50w :)

Congratulations to all the fine EU ops who copied my QTCs - some very good ears
out there. About 29% of all my QSOs were from Germany and 20m was the best band.
15m still has not opened well in this part of the world. But very bad conditions
on 10m - not even a single ham signal was heard - except for Indonesian fishing
boats which were also fewer in number than usual. Looks like EU had some 10m
openings which I could see on the cluster.

I MUST put up a low band RX antenna - it was hard on the ears using the 40m
full size vertical for Rx, finally used the 20db attenuator on the rig and
managed to copy the stronger stations. Sorry to the many who called, the QRN
was terrible.

EU, see you all for WAE SSB either from VU2 or W2 land where I might be at the
time.

73 de Prasad,
VU2PTT a.k.a. AT6T