[3830] WAE CW A7/M0FGA(K5GN) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mccarty@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] WAE CW A7/M0FGA(K5GN) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 05:36:50 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: A7/M0FGA
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: A7/M0FGA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Doha
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   80:    4     0     4
   40:  222   110    36
   20:  223   231    35
   15:   95   109    22
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  544   450    97  Total Score = 236,572

Club:

Comments:

At times this was really fun, but often condx did not support much rate.

This was a retro operation ...

... Back to a single wire antenna: a few weeks ago A71BX and I put up a 40m gp
on the roof of my 2-story villa using wire and a Spiderbeam mast.  Seems to
work well on 40, but it's not so hot on other bands with a tuner.  The main
thing is it got me on the air.

... Back to using a borrowed rig:  A71AW lent me his FT-857.  After a while of
reading the manual, I have it working to suit me.  My first contest was done
using borrowed XTALs in my HW-16, and the next one with a borrowed VFO.

... Back to paper and pencil:  The shack computer died a day before the contest
started, so I quickly made log sheets and hunted for the manual for my old
memory keyer.  Did it all by hand with pencil and keyer, just like 20 years
ago!  Now, I've typed the log into LM by DL8WAA and ready to submit.  Ugh,
extra work.

Lots of repeats on A?/?GA? but everyone got it right in the end.  QSL via
NN1N.

CU all in CQ WW this fall with the local gang from better equipped locations.

Dave K5GN
A7/M0FGA
Doha
Qatar