[3830] NAQP SSB K6AM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K6AM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 23:43:53 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K6AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: K6AM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5     2
   80:   42    17
   40:  125    44
   20:  489    58
   15:   40    14
   10:   12     2
-------------------
Total:  713   137  Total Score = 97,681

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

The first half sure looked like a total bust.  20 was amemic and 10 and 15 were
dead.  What a letdown from 2 weeks ago.  Only fun was dragging the locals
around all 6 bands.  Then about 5 pm, 20 opened up and the rate took off.
About the same time, I heard KH7XS really loud on 15.  That band opened up for
about 90 min in the early evening.  Sure wish more guys would have looked up
there after 00z.

20 stayed open real late, so the total came out pretty good.  However, 80 was
like pulling teeth.  Thanks to all of you who came down with me from 40.

Only heard a few signals on 160.  Called W5WMU and others to no avail.

We got a couple of months off before the CQP, so its back to work putting up
the new killer 80 m yagi at W6YI.

73,

John, K6AM