[3830] NAQP SSB W5KFT M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rb@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W5KFT M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 07:56:24 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W5KFT
Operator(s): K5OT, K5PI, W5ZL
Station: W5KFT

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   31    16
   80:  143    41
   40:  472    53
   20:  822    59
   15:   57    11
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1525   180  Total Score = 274,500

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

We'd planned to use N1MM in order to have packet and a few other bells and
whistles, but one computer just kept freezing up.  So with just 30 minutes
until showtime, we patched together a serial network and went with TR.
Everything came to life on the first try and we were ready to roll -- whew!

Larry and I were still buzzing from the great high band conditions during CW
weekend and hoped we might see some more of that, but nothing doing.  We tried
hard to make hay on 15, but bailed out at 2010 to head for 40.  We kept an ear
on 10 and heard the occasional signal, but never enough to justify 10 minutes
there.

We expected some nasty weather, but it never materialized and we had a pretty
good noise level on the low bands.  We had only one beverage (NE), but didn't
use it much.

Larry and I brought our new K3s and gave them a pretty good workout.  I'm
liking mine more all the time.

Robert K5PI