[3830] NA Sprint CW WD0T(@KD0S) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd0t@mncomm.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WD0T(@KD0S) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 22:51:30 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: WD0T
Operator(s): WD0T
Station: KD0S

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  118     93m
   40:  109    111m
   20:   30     36m
---------------------

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Boy, what a contest it was from Pierre, SD.  Started out on 40m for 3 minutes to
pick up nearby Q's, and then to 20m.. NOT GOOD- my first Q is with KL7WV, oh no
the band is REALLY long. Then work Florida, and a few others on the south coast
with good signals, but NONE loud from closer than Louisana, all weak scatter
signals.  I really wasn't sleeping on 20m, it just didn't produce up here. Went
to 40m at 0020, can't ever recall going that early, but no choice with 20m long.
40m was somewhat better, but still poor rates until into the second hour.  Went
to 80m at 0220UTC, earliest ever, BUT HEY 80 sounds great and I'm  not getting
beat out, and people are actually hearing me, NICE! Stayed there for most of
the rest of the contest, with occasional jumps back to 40m. Actually, 20m also
did get better after dark, go figure.  I know there was reports of some Aurora,
and it did sound that way here, it was as if a blanket was over the antennas.
Oh, I did forget the thunderstorm and S9 plus static on 20 and 40m for 15
minutes around 0030 hours.  The first two hours were the worst I can remember!

Hour breakdown:

hour 1: 58
hour 2: 57
hour 3: 70
hour 4: 72

At least things headed upward, that was the good news! I could have definately
used 2 radios in this one, things just were not set up for it.  I think if 20
was its usual, typically that is the highest Q band and 80m is the lowest Qs
from here, that I may have been around or just above the 300 Q mark.

Still a lot of fun, thank you for all the Q's and hope to see you in NA SSB,
73
Lord Bless! Todd WD0T