[3830] NA Sprint CW W6YI(N6MJ) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6mj@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W6YI(N6MJ) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 00:21:24 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): N6MJ
Station: W6YI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   98
   40:  160
   20:  105
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Thanks to W6YI for the use of his excellent station once again.  Everything
worked great for the most part, but the big 4el 40m yagi developed high swr in
the last 30 minutes.  40m was pretty much toast by that point anyways, so that
didnt affect the score.

Like others have noted, 20m sounded really strange.  It was only open well to
the midwest and to W4, but the rest of the country was almost non-existent.
This led to a slow start for me, and I never really recovered.  Congrats to
N6TR and N6TV for outstanding scores with these condx.

Hours:
94, 92, 89, 88

I worked all mults that I heard.  Never heard a VE7, although I worked VE7NH
about 5 minutes before the contest...

73,
Dan N6MJ