[3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL(@K1PT) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL(@K1PT) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 06:34:35 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: K1PT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   78
   40:  165
   20:  100
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition #1

Comments:

A big thanks to K1PT and KD1BG for hosting me last Saturday night.  The Florida
Keys are under a mandatory evacuation order for Hurricane Ike, and his QTH was
a very convenient stop-off point enroute to the shelter hotel here in Orlando.

I did some station re-arrangement before the start and [stupidly] left a
disconnected COM cable connected to the computer.  It made a great RF sense
antenna and caused all kinds of RFI issues.  I apologize for the screwed up CW
keying that I unintentially blasted away at a few folks.

I felt very rusty with few recent SO2R practice opportunities, but I seemed to
get back "into the groove" midway until I hit a wall late on 80m.  It's great
seeing all the activity from W6 and W9, but when you're on 80m on the outside
looking in, it makes for a frustrating experience when trying to bust through
the local callers.  Kudos to the NCCC especially for getting tons of people on
the air!

73, Dave N2NL