[3830] NA Sprint CW K5WA HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K5WA@ARRL.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K5WA HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 10:19:23 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   89     1.5
   40:  119     3.5
   20:   84     1.5
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I am actually quite pleased with this score.  I was using N1MM for the first
time in a Sprint and I just put a microHAM MK2R in the SO2R box slot.  I had to
reboot 4 times in the first hour since I thought I had locked up the computer.
Afterward, I found out I was simply hitting the "~" key below the ESC key and
putting N1MM into a TUNE mode, I think.  When that happened, I thought my only
recourse was to reboot, but I found out I could have simply hit "~" again and
gotten out of TUNE.  Anyway, I won't use that keyboard again.  ;-)
Unfortunately, on one of my reboots, I had VA1MM on the hook, but could not
confirm with him and I never heard him again.  I'm sure I miscopied a few more
than normal since it was a madhouse at the keyboard this time.

I missed some easy mults, but I will fix that when I get more than one antenna
up.  Two directions is better than one in my book.

Thanks to N3BB organizing the CTDXCC teams and for a PR!  He says he has QRN
that holds him back, but I think it is just all the MULTS banging on his
headphones.

Fun as usual!