[3830] NA Sprint SSB AL7IF(@KL7RA) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wigi@alaskavacationstore.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB AL7IF(@KL7RA) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 00:20:46 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: AL7IF
Operator(s): AL7IF
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kenai, Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:    0       0
   40:  110     2.5
   20:   71     1.5
---------------------

Club:

Team:

Comments:

A fun (but slightly frustrating) sprint. The rate on 20 was great until the
world moved to 40... and of course, I had no meaningful propagation on 40 for
another hour or so. I struggled bouncing back and forth between 20 and 40 in
the middle of the contest, and finally 40 decided to cooperate for the last
hour... and in fact, it was getting better and better right up until the end.

I was listening to 80, and heard a lot, but the one or two calls I made went
unheard... and since 40 was still productive, I just stayed there.

I got lucky with the mults, but the number of Qs was disappointing. A few more
sunspots, another half hour of 20, and I would have been a happy camper!

Thanks to Rich, KL7RA for letting me hang at his place for the evening.

73,

Wigi, AL7IF