[3830] NA Sprint SSB KH7XS(K4XS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KH7XS(K4XS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:43:33 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: KH7XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KH6
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:    9      10
   40:   27      20
   20:  300    3:30
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

First, congrats to Dan the Man, K7SS, for talking first place.

This was my first attempt at Sprint at KH6 after playing at it for over 20
years from Florida.  It is a very different contest from out here.  First, no
SO2R yet...it is in the works.  Second, there is little if any prop on 80 until
the very end of the contest.  Third, 20 meters is the band.  I'll bet I have
well over 100 nr 1 contacts from using AB VFO...back and forth, ala HC8N.
Fourth, this contest is like a DX contest out here with the closest station
over 2500 miles away.  Man, the east coast guys are weak on 40!

My goal was to make 300 QSOs and finish top ten with 45 mults, which was
accomplished.  I should have moved to 40 a little earlier, but that's a
first-timers mistake, not knowing the conditions from KH6 as well as I should.
It won't happen again.

Question: If the NA QSO Party counts KH6 as a mult, how come the NA Sprint
doesn't count KH6 as a mult?  Both should either count it, or neither should.
Common sense.  Yeah, you know which way I would like it to be!

See you guys in the February version of the contest.