[3830] WAE SSB G4ERW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB G4ERW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 01:26:32 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: G4ERW
Operator(s): G4ERW
Station: G4ERW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ashford, Kent
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:
   40:
   20:  140   40     80
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  140   40     80  Total Score = 14,400

Club:

Comments:

This is a CHECKLOG entry only.

Purpose of entering was to try out a new homebrew 3 element 20m quad at 12m.
Total operating time was approx 4 hours but had several excursions to the CW
end of the band for 'normal' QSO's!
Pleased with the results of the antenna which I had designed/optimised using
MMANA-GAL.
My operating times were restricted and was not able to operate during optimum
propagation periods on 20m. However, enjoyed some good runs to North America,
including several QSO's using 2.5 Watts from my FT817!
Looks like I will be using this quad again!

73's David G4ERW