[3830] Salmon Run N8II SOMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@AOL.COM
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run N8II SOMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 06:50:24 -0700
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0
   80:    0      0
   40:    8      3
   20:   54     94
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:   62     97      0  Mults = 55  Total Score = 21,680

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 1000 point W7DX bonus; their CW activity was limited.

I kind of wish I had sat this one out. Condx on 20M at the bottom of the cycle
are poor to WA after 20Z; after 23Z 20 was nearly dead. I had trouble hearing
the mobiles and there were almost none heard Sunday, but your efforts are much
appreciated. I also had a S5-6 noise level on SSB; I'm sorry for anyone missed.
The casual ops making mistakes and wasting time seemed a bit worse than an
avaerage state QP; you true blue contesters need to take some the other guys
under your wing and show them the ropes. Never heard from ADA, ASO, LIN, PAC,
THU, WAH; the rest were worked on SSB except for San Juan on CW only. I tried
to move the rare ones to CW, but didn't have much luck; lots of guys no longer
know the code. I worked 23 counties on CW and 32 on phone, not too bad
considering the obstacles. On Sunday, I made just under 50 QSO's with a lot of
unanswered CQ's; after 1915Z, it was like watching grass grow, but did pick up
a few more mults. Suggest a shorter operating period (Sunday only since SAC CW
and COQP are over by then) and 07Z is really late even in WA. One day should be
enough considering the current activity level.