[3830] CQ WW RTTY 9M2CNC(G4ZFE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4zfe@g4zfe.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY 9M2CNC(G4ZFE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:23:33 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: 9M2CNC
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2CNC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OJ03
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   80:    0     0       0        0     0
   40:  160   380       4       40    21
   20:  831  2316      30       80    28
   15:  524  1483       0       64    19
   10:    1     3       0        1     1
Total: 1516  4182      34      185    69  Total Score = 1,204,416

Club: BARTG

Comments:

Station:
Elecraft K3 (#128), Icom PW-1; 400W output
Force 12 C3-S at 12m; Cushcraft D-40 at 10m

The K3 proved itself to be a great RTTY radio. The selectivity and Dual Peak
RTTY filter were both very impressive.

Condx were better than expected. 20m remained open late to EU and I had a great
over the pole opening to Eastern NA. I was very pleased to work my last state
for WAS - North Dakota (and thank you to NT0V for uploading his log into LoTW
so quickly!)

40m
The Cushcraft D-40 will be replacing my Inverted V but I was unable to put the
D-40 at the height I wanted to and thus it underperformed. The antenna will be
raised by another 4m by CQ WW CW.

40m closed early and the band was disappointing. I was very pleased to work
P49X (sorry Ed for my exchange fubar) and three YV stations just before the
contest ended.

20m
The band was in good shape and open to EU on the second night until 02:30 local
time. I was pleased to work so many DL stations!

20m also had a good over the pole opening to Eastern NA for 1 hour. However
copying fluttery signals of about the same strength is challenging. Sorry to
the stations that I was unable to copy. Note, must do better and install two
copies of MMMTY for this type of event.

15m
Again, a surprise. I was not expecting the band to be open to EU but it was,
with Sunday better than Saturday. The K3 did a great job copying weak signals
with the Dual Peak RTTY filter (much better than the Icom 756 dual peak
filter).

Thanks for all the QSOs. The log is already on LoTW and eQSL. QSL via G4ZFE. I
was happy to pass the 100,000 QSO mark from 9M2 just before the contest.

73 de Rich, G4ZFE/9M2CNC