[3830] Salmon Run W7PRC(@N9ADG) Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brianmo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run W7PRC(@N9ADG) Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:03:14 -0700
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: W7PRC
Operator(s): K7BTW, W7SNH, K7EDX, N9ADG, KE7MAN
Station: N9ADG

Class: Unlimited HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): ALL

  160:   25      4
   80:   46    151      4
   40:   67    307
   20:  187    501
   15:    4      2
   10:    2      2
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  331    967      4  Mults = 118  Total Score = 386,332

Club: Preston Radio Club

Comments:

K7EDX, K7BTW, W7SNH, N9ADG, and KE7MAN activated W7PRC for the Salmon Run.

We *planned* on running two stations, low power, so to minimize interference
between stations. However 5 minutes into the contest we changed our plan since
80m was deemed to be useful the entire contest. Then 1/2 way through Saturday,
realized we could utilize the amplifier since we were in the unlimited class.

The SteppIR DB36 and 2 element antennas worked exceptionally well, we felt like
we were heard just fine. We made Adam K7EDX turn off the speech processor AND
stand across the room from the microphone, since he gets excited by working
pileups, and speaks even more loudly.

KE7MAN was coached on 80m phone Sunday afternoon - he called CQ tenaciously and
was able to work a couple stations. WN7T's comment was "uh, I guess you guys
changed operators".  KE7MAN was also able to work A35RK just before 20m closed
on Saturday; he was thrilled to see where that was on the map.

Most fun and confusing was having a call very similar to WA7PRC, also active in
this contest, er operating event.

We didn't destroy any equipment, and had enough beer to go the entire contest
(thanks to W7SNH).  Dick K7BTW provided some great tuna loins (not Salmon) for
dinner.

Thanks for the contacts; it was gratifying to hear so many Washington stations,
and the number of 'wow, you folks from Washington are REALLY INTO THIS' comments
from out-of-state participants.

Super-special thanks to W7DX (the king salmon), and the Washington mobile &
expedition stations -- their dedication and perseverance make the event
exciting.