[3830] CQ WW RTTY CT1ENQ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, etjfonte@ua.pt
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY CT1ENQ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 03:24:01 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: CT1ENQ
Operator(s): CT1ENQ
Station: CT1ENQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN51UK
Operating Time (hrs): ~18

   80:   51  108       3       29     7
   40:   77  171       7       38     9
   20:  193  454      26       48    12
   15:   32   67       0       15     6
   10:    0    0       0        0     0
Total:  353  800      36      130    34  Total Score = 160,000

Club: Northern Portugal DX Group

Comments:

My first CQ WW RTTY but not a real effort though. Must underline the *HUGE*
participation level, never expected to see so many stations on the TTY part.
Mr Murphy came by right in the beginning. RF leaks made my USB/CI-V interface
to have strange behaviour, as a result N1MM hanged at TX. Everytime it happened
i need to reboot the machine, etc. Lost some time until i decided to continue
without CAT. It's a shame as for me is essential to spot unworked calls on the
bandmap to came back later for a few more tries.

It was amazing the number of heard and not worked stations. Much more than i
would expect. From Japan to North/South America, hands full of heard stations
that i could not get by, even when they CQ'ed over and over. The funny thing is
that some of those stations were workable on SSB and CW on some previous
contests. Even heard CT1ILT on 40m and could not make it in the log.

Had the leave the shack many times and for big periods, both afternoons (Sat
and Sun). Basically, worked mornings and atfer dinner periods.

Nice fact is that 15m seemed to open, mostly to the east side but nothing heard
on 10m.

Cannot expect more from my humble station :).

Station:
Icom 706 MKIIG without narrow filter (have the 1.9k ssb but aint enough)
Home made Off-center-feed dipole (with MFJ Tunner)
N1MM + MMTTY
EZ-PSK Interface

Pwr: 50-75 Watts

Thanks all for the Qs